What Is the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The JET is a bright saxophone mouthpiece with excellent projection, extra easy altissimo register and yet it has a very full bottom range that is easy to play. The JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone mouthpiece is free blowing, easy and fun to play mouthpiece that captures the full range of tonal qualities of the instrument. The JET has a clean, focused sound with strong projection and cut, while maintaining extraordinary versatility. The JodyJazz JET is excellent for Rock, Funk, Blues, Smooth Jazz and Latin Music, Reggae, Ska, Funk, Hip Hop, Top 40, Duranguense, Merengue, Salsa, Cumbia, Compa, Tejano, Musica Popular Brasileira, but at the same time we think that many Tenor sax players will be surprised at how well it plays lead Tenor in a big band or Jazz Combo. In other words the JET is a great saxophone mouthpiece that seems to appeal to a very broad variety of players.
Four Goals in Creating the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
- BRIGHT - To create a bright free blowing mouthpiece that is versatile while having more projection than most mouthpieces.
- ALTISSIMO - To create a mouthpiece that easily produces great altissimo notes. The Altissimo is actually helped by our new shorter facing curve, which is brand new to the JET.
- GREAT PRICE - To make an affordable sax mouthpiece that can be made with the same cutting edge technology as our metal sax mouthpieces, but costs much less than a metal mouthpiece.
- GREAT QUALITY - Each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone. We demand and achieve the most rigorous quality control possible.
JodyJazz JET Tenor Sax Mouthpiece Available Tip Openings
- 6 = .090
- 7 = .100
- 7* = .105
- 8 = .110
- 9 = .120
The JET Difference
- 5 Axis CNC Machining - Allows for extremely precise manufacturing and repeatability.
- Hand Finishing - Expert hand filing to create the perfect tip rail, baffle combination.
- Unique Design - The unique inner shape of the JodyJazz JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece gives it a unique sound and feel that combines power, fullness and ease of play.
- New Facing Curve - A shorter facing curve allows for easier altissimo.
What Does The JET Do?
- Clean Focused Bright Sound
- Free Blowing
- Easy Altissimo
- Responsive Low End
- Power and Projection
How Does The JET Do It?
- Small Chamber
- Precision - CNC Machined
- Shorter, Proprietary Facing Length
- Hand Finished Baffle and Tip Rale
- Play tested by Jody Espina or Staff
Special Notes on the JET Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece
Due to the shorter facing curve on the JET a softer reed than you might normally use could be appropriate. This is because the reed actually has less length in which to vibrate. This doesn't hinder playing at all, in fact it makes the JET one of the greatest altissimo pieces of all time. Altissimo still works great with a little softer reed. These are my observations and how I like to play the JET. For example on a JodyJazz DV Tenor 7* I play a Rico Jazz Select 3M and on the JET Tenor 7* I prefer a 3S and sometimes even a 2H11. The JET is still free-blowing but I think the JET's shorter facing curve makes a difference with the reed. The main message is that anytime you are trying a new mouthpiece two things are very important: finding the right reed for the mouthpiece and making sure that while you try the mouthpiece you are in tune. Don't assume that it will go on the neck in the same place as your previous mouthpiece. In fact the JET pushes on further than many mouthpieces. I love the JET and I hope you will too. Jody Espina – President, JodyJazz
Hand Finished and Play Tested
Every JodyJazz mouthpiece is hand finished to insure the absolute best quality. In addition, each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.
Delivery Information & Schedules to UK Mainland
- Free Delivery on all orders over £50
- Orders Under £50 - £3.95
Orders received before 12noon are normally shipped the same day if your items are in stock.
Should your item be out of stock, we will contact you with an estimated delivery date.If you are unable to wait you can opt for an alternative product or cancel your order.
Orders under £20 – Royal Mail 2nd Class Post Recorded Delivery - £3.95
Orders Between £20-£50 – Courier 1-2 Day - £3.95
Orders Over £50 – Courier 1-2 Day – FREE
Should you be unhappy with your purchase please get in touch & return the goods within 14 days of delivery.
Before returning any items please contact us on 0141 339 9400 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the following..
-Return your item in the original packaging and intact-
-You must then return the goods at your own expense-
-Please use a trackable returnsmethod and don't forget to keep proof of postage or tracking number - you will need this if there are issues with your return-
-We will refund the price that you paid for the Item(s)-
-The refund will not include any delivery charges you have paid-
-All refunds will be made using the same method of payment you used to purchase the Items-
Please send all returns to the following address:
The Saxophone Shop
6 Blackie Street
Tel: 0141 339 9400